The Institute of English and American Studies of the University of Debrecen organizes the English Majors’ Week between 14 and 17 April.
14 April, Monday (at DEAC)
– 16:00: potluck/barbecue:
There will be some bacon, bread, vegetables, and mineral water offered by Nagyerdei Étterem. Since there is no szalonnasütés without fröccs, there will be wine for everybody from Borháló Debrecen.
Don’t forget that you should also contribute and bring some stuff, primarily your own cooking but snacks, beer, etc. are also welcome. (In case of rain, the potluck will be held in Studio 111)
– 18:00: teacher-student football match.
15 April, Tuesday (in Studio 111)
James Bond Night
– 17:00: screening of the James Bond-movie “Goldfinger”.
After the film (19:00), we’ll have a critical investigation led by agent Bényei… Tamás Bényei.
– 20:00: “Secret Agent Training”: World famous intelligence agents arrive to train the unexperienced students of IEAS.
16 April, Wednesday (in Studio 111)
This is the first “Wear Your IEAS T-shirt Day”!
– 17:30: opening of the IEAS Studio Gallery
– 18:00: “Show and Tell”: with a top-secret undercover operation, we’ve managed to get hold of some childhood photos of teachers. On this event, we’re going to confront them with the pictures and try to elicit as much information (and fun stories) from them as possible.
At the event we are serving the best wine of Eger offered by Marci Pincéje
17 April, Thursday (in Sikk Klub, Domb utca 1.)
Bond and the Bond Girls Theme Party
– 19:30: arrival
– 20:00: IEAS’s Got Talent (you can still enter, for details, check out the posters on the institute corridor)
– 21:30: tombola (we’ve managed to smuggle out some cargo from Janus Antikvárium, Csokonai Restaurant, Csokonai Theater, BookStation, Hello Pasta, Carpe Diem Teahouse, SoliSun, Streetgasztrobar, Pepe Panini and Gajdos Apiary)
– 22:00: party! (music by Szörmi)
– TICKETS SHOULD BE BOUGHT BEFOREHAND (on the institute corridor during the week):
400 HUF (includes a welcome drink+snacks+cloakroom),
tombola tickets are 100 HUF.
Have a bite of the delicious pastry offered by Kiskifli Reggeliző to fuel your dancing all night long!