Venue: Corvinus University of Budapest
Theme and Objectives:
Organizers are inviting
- PhD students and early-stage researchers
- practitioners who work in academic settings
- practitioners who work at civil society organisations
who are interested in
- making research more meaningful by working with and for communities;
- research methods, educational concepts and good practices that deconstruct barriers between science and society;
- learning about the concepts and practices of science shop, participatory research, responsible research and innovation (RRI)
to be part of the LK8 Summer School. The aim of the event is to initiate communication between researchers and practitioners, to explore and reflect on our understanding of socially useful knowledge – the characteristics of good knowledge and ways of knowledge production, which can lead to meaningful social changes.
Researcher and practitioner participants will be involved in discussions about the social impact and quality of knowledge facilitated by experts of these fields. Presentations, discussions, knowledge sharing and self-reflection will all serve the purpose to reveal the characteristics of socially useful knowledge.
The summer school provides 4 ETCS credits for PhD students.
Set up and duration:
The summer school consists of two parts:
1st part: 28th and 29th May 2018 as a pre-conference event with summer school participants
2nd part: 30th May – 1st June 2018 as an event blended in the LK8 conference itself.
The second part is optional: all summer school participants are warmly welcome to join both the pre-conference and the blended elements. The blended section of the summer school involves participation in
- specific conference sessions of the LK8,
- the poster session with a poster prepared for and discussed during the summer school (see below),
- a joint final summer school session in the afternoon of 1stJune, to wrap up, reflect on and evaluate the learnings.
Please apply via email before the end of the day on 25th February 2018 at email@example.com
For your application briefly describe in a .docx file attached to your e-mail:
- what your main interests are regarding the theme of the summer school,
- how your work is related to the summer school,
- how would you benefit from this summer school,
- how other participants could benefit from your participation,
- and provide the relevant parts of your CV.
Prior to the conference:
Summer school participants are requested to send a poster (we will provide the template with the letter of acceptance) electronically about their work/plans/challenges four weeks prior to the summer school. These are going to be
- shared with the participants and resource persons of the summer school,
- discussed during the summer school,
- printed and exhibited in the poster session of the Living Knowledge Conference if the participant decides to take part in the blended element of the summers school as well. Consequently, these posters will be taken as regular posters submitted to the conference.
Application deadline: End of the day of 25th February 2018
Notification of acceptance: 4th March 2018
Course costs and fees:
The cost of the summer school is covered by the Corvinus University of Budapest, therefore the summer school does not have a participation fee. Travel and accommodation costs are self-funded. To attend the whole summer school including the blended elements, participants shall register for the Living Knowledge Conference. See fees and bursaries here.
Contact: Please send your application or any questions to lksummerschool(kukac)uni-corvinus(pont)hu
Organisers: Corvinus University of Budapest and University of Szeged