- 1 10-ounce package frozen batter dipped chicken nuggets
- 1½ cups quick cooking rice
- 1 8-ounce canned pineapple chunks
- 1 large green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Bake chicken nuggets according to package directions.
- Prepare quick cooking rice according to package directions.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to reserved juice to make 1 ½ cups liquid.
- Pour pineapple juice mixture into a medium saucepan. Add sweet pepper. Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir together vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and bouillon granules.
- Stir into mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Gently stir in chicken, pineapple chunks, and water chestnuts. Heat through.
- Serve chicken mixture over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.